Veritiv has an expansive North American network with more than 180 locations, and we do business with
more than half of the Fortune 500. We're a big company, but we’re also a new company, shaping our
systems and processes to support a successful and sustainable future. We don't just encourage an
entrepreneurial spirit, we embody it.
Are you looking to join a company where you feel empowered in your work and your job is not just a job,
but a path toward a rewarding and successful career? Do you want to be part of a company that
customers and suppliers not only want to do business with but need to do business with?
If you answered yes, then Veritiv might be the place for you. We encourage you to learn about and apply
to Veritiv if you seek a unique work experience, where diverse ideas are met with enthusiasm, and where
you can realize your full potential. Position Description
Veritiv Corporation is searching for an entrepreneurial sales professional with experience as a hunter of new business and one who wants the opportunity to build a substantial income in their own territory. Experience with providing custom packaging solutions is a plus. The successful candidate will strengthen market presence in their assigned territory by finding opportunities to provide some of the most comprehensive packaging products design and converting services available.
• Plans how to establish and maintain major account relationships and meet personal sales targets within the full line of products or combination of products
• Develops business plan for each account
• Coordinates use of other company resources (e.g. technical, advertising) to provide value added services to accounts
• Develops strong client relationships over time that provide significant input to planning company product, price, and service strategies
• Supports supervisor and other sales professionals in developing new market opportunities in the designated territory or market
• Solicits new business opportunities within territory. Prepares quotes, estimates, and maintains Customer Quote Book
• Provides analysis and information on sales forecast and budget preparation
• Ability and track record of developing and executing a sales plan to reach target accounts
• Innovative problem solver; recognizing customer needs, providing alternatives and selling and implementing alternative solutions
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to effectively manage a sales territory and the selling process
• 5+ years of outside B2B sales experience in the packaging industry selling "packaging solutions"
• BS/BA degree in Business Administration or other discipline required or equivalent experience
• Successful track record of growing a territory and sales
• Experience providing custom products and consultative sales solutions based on providing value, not just price driven