To provide exceptional Customer Service to valued Facility Solutions customers based on the criteria set within specific customer programs. Please note this position is a 1 year contract position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process regular orders, future orders, hold orders, inter-branch transfers, sample orders (where applicable), converting orders received through any channel such as phone, fax, mail, EDI and web
- Ensure that required minimum and service standards are adhered to, recommend additional products to assist the customer to reach their minimum order value
- Ensure pricing, operating principles and procedures are followed
- Verify tax (where applicable), as well as high & low margins triggers at time of order entry
- Provide order confirmation to customers verbally, via fax or email as required
- Perform daily backorder review
- Expedite customer backorders based on the customer need and the criticality of the items
- Find resolution to customer inquiries and complaints in a way that drives customer satisfaction and ensures profitability in regards to product availability, product specifications, product recommendations and usage inquiries
- Respond to pricing, billing, order status, late deliveries, short ship and proof of delivery issues
- Ensure customer service issues are resolved by liaising with other departments
- Redirect requests to appropriate departments as required based on the customer’s need
- Customer and operational programs: business practices, policies and procedures, service matrix and delivery schedules.
- Familiarity with order processing, tracing and expediting, pricing structure and order to cash cycle.
- Product and market knowledge: ability to describe the applications of the product for the customer, understanding of the specific needs of our primary customer business segments, ability to identify appropriate substitutes of competitive brands
- Programs/Tools: Compass, Outlook, WMS Crystal, Vendorsource, Fastrack, Docushare, IT suite, Microsoft Office
- High school diploma with a minimum of two years’ experience in a customer service environment.