Meet individualized facility solutions segment sales, gross profit and margin goals as determined by Veritiv management.
• Sell and promote facility solutions products and value-added services to meet or exceed both short term and long term goals in an established territory.
• Actively engage in sales calls on existing customers and cold calling on prospective customers at a frequency that places Veritiv in the preferred position.
• Develop a sufficient number of high potential prospects to generate long-term sales growth.
• Maintain accurate, detailed and comprehensive knowledge of the potential of each account in assigned territory as well as prepare and conduct regular business reviews to impact customer growth opportunities.
• Collaborate with sales development and sales support resources to provide customer proposals and quotations focused on generating business and market growth potential.
• Align with group facility solutions sales specialist(s) to expand segment and product knowledge base and collaborate on promoting consultative selling solutions to generate new and existing customer growth opportunities.
• Partner with sales team on supporting national business selling efforts and account management.
• Develop business and financial acumen to effectively implement facility solutions sales strategies as directed by sales managers and consistently generate a level of profitability that meets or exceeds business and segment goals.
• Investigate and resolve all customer claims promptly and participate in issue resolution with all involved parties.
• Actively leverage sales technology and tools to meet strategic account planning objectives and maximize customer and segment growth potential.
• Participate in sales training and development programs to enhance sales competencies and further expand ability to effectively generate profitable customer and segment growth.
Qualifications / Knowledge & Experience: Briefly describe the knowledge, skills, demonstrated behaviors and experience required for entry into the position/role
• MAX proficiency - Desired
• Microsoft Office proficiency - Desired
• Demonstrated successful 5+ years experience in territory sales or account management desired.
• Strong understanding or experience within the distribution industry desired.
• College degree or equivalent work experience required.
• Experience in project management and demonstrated understanding of distribution finance preferred.
• Ability to work independently, successfully manage accounts, work under pressure, and adapt to changes in the work environment is essential.