Veritiv has an expansive North American network with more than 180 locations, and we do business with
more than half of the Fortune 500. We're a big company, but we’re also a new company, shaping our
systems and processes to support a successful and sustainable future. We don't just encourage an
entrepreneurial spirit, we embody it.
Are you looking to join a company where you feel empowered in your work and your job is not just a job,
but a path toward a rewarding and successful career? Do you want to be part of a company that
customers and suppliers not only want to do business with but need to do business with?
If you answered yes, then Veritiv might be the place for you. We encourage you to learn about and apply
to Veritiv if you seek a unique work experience, where diverse ideas are met with enthusiasm, and where
you can realize your full potential.
- Must follow all Department of Transportation regulations as described in Federal Motor Carrier’s Safety Regulations Pocketbook.
- Enters daily manifest of deliveries into computer.
- Visually inspects loaded truck to insure proper packaging and secures all merchandise so as not to incur damage during transportation, closes and locks door.
- Performs appropriate pre-trip inspection checks and proper log book record-keeping. Reports all defects or equipment problems with supervisor.
- Delivers stock to customers by a predetermined route to insure customer received their order in a timely manner.
- The driver maintains safe driving habits and observes all traffic laws at all times.
- Completes any of the assigned pickups in a timely and safe manner.
- Responds to customers’ needs in a polite and understanding manner and reports any problems or inconsistencies related to delivery to the supervisor in a timely manner.
- Must report all accidents, tickets or other mishaps to warehouse manager or supervisor promptly.
- Must insure all proper paperwork and records are turned in to supervisor, correct and on time.
- Returns signed delivery receipts to warehouse manager and gives non-delivered paperwork to supervisor.
- Responsible for proper placarding of vehicle (when HazMat materials being transported).
- Promotes and maintains safe work environment. This includes immediately reporting all incidents or near misses to the supervisor.
- Responsible for housekeeping inside truck to keep it free from debris and items that could be a safety hazard when suddenly stopping.
- Promotes and maintains a positive teamwork environment.
- When not making deliveries, this position also helps in the warehouse with various duties including order filling, loading/unloading of trucks, wrapping and other duties as assigned.
- Must be trained and certified on each piece of equipment operated. Equipment Used in this position: Tractor/Trailer, Straight, or Tandem Truck, Handtruck, Forklift, Palletjack and Walker.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years working in a warehouse environment. Distribution warehouse experience preferred.
- Must have a valid Class A CDL with a minimum of 2 years verifiable experience. Must observe all Department of Transportation and driving regulations.
- Must have a safe driving record and a clean Motor Vehicle Record.
- Ability to operate a variety of material handling equipment required.
- Excellent organizational, time management and customer relations skills are required.
- Strong problem solving abilities and attention to detail required.
- Familiarity with a computerized warehouse system preferred.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
Veritiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law. Additionally, Veritiv will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Veritiv’s legal duty to furnish information. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here:http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf