Veritiv has an expansive North American network with more than 180 locations, and we do business with
more than half of the Fortune 500. We're a big company, but we’re also a new company, shaping our
systems and processes to support a successful and sustainable future. We don't just encourage an
entrepreneurial spirit, we embody it.
Are you looking to join a company where you feel empowered in your work and your job is not just a job,
but a path toward a rewarding and successful career? Do you want to be part of a company that
customers and suppliers not only want to do business with but need to do business with?
If you answered yes, then Veritiv might be the place for you. We encourage you to learn about and apply
to Veritiv if you seek a unique work experience, where diverse ideas are met with enthusiasm, and where
you can realize your full potential.
This is a third shift position that requires the successful to work overnight
- Hours- 8:00PM to 4:30AM on regular days without overtime. You could work up to a 12 hour day depending on the workload. Normally 2 days a week are 12 hour day
- Inspects, fills and stages orders in accurate, thorough and efficient manner in accordance with established Company standards and procedures.
- Inspects merchandise to include checking for shortages and rejecting damaged goods.
- Communicates shortages of merchandise through proper channels to ensure accurate billing.
- Receives, stocks, and re-warehouses merchandise on a daily basis as requested by immediate supervisors.
- Prepares product for shipment to include packaging for safe shipping, plus labeling and marking.
- Handles stock in a careful and safe manner; conscious of quality and eliminating damage.
- Practices and adheres to established safety rules and policies, as well as, established housekeeping standards. Performs equipment safety review. Reports any violations or hazards to management immediately.
- Participates in annual inventory as needed
- Performs the lead duties that include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with warehouse staff to ensure proper training to achieve optimal productivity.
- Identify and immediately report to Warehouse Supervisor any employee issues and concerns.
- Act as back-up on reporting daily stats and shift recap information.
- Ensure that product location in the warehouse is accurate and updated as need in MAX.
- Be organized, proactive and familiar with the Company’s safety program.
- May be responsible for opening and closing the facility when needed with security access.
- Maintain a safe and friendly work environment for customers and employees. Ensures compliance on Safety Program.
- Prioitizes and manages daily workload
- Uses Freight Rater to ensure all LTL shipments are with best carrier
- Utlize WMS to improve pick paths for national accounts
- Schedule inbounds for core business and 3PL clients
- Work closely with other departments for invoice exceptions/discrepancies, as needed
Qualifications / Knowledge & Experience: Briefly describe the knowledge, skills, demonstrated behaviors and experience required for entry into the position/role
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years warehouse experience. Preferably working in a distribution environment.
- Good math skills and ability to operate a calculator are required.
- Good written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Solid problem solving abilities, attention to detail, and safety background preferred.
- Ability to develop proficiency with computer system is essential.
- Familiar with MS Office Software and has good basic keyboarding skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Familiarity with warehouse management systems
Working Conditions/Physical Requirement: (Describe any unusual working conditions, such as extreme temperatures, heights, hazardous materials, etc. State percentage of time spent traveling each month, if any.)
- Heavy work: requires ability to continually lift, push, pull at least 50 pounds or over of product and occasionally in excess of 100 pounds up to 160 pounds of product.
- Physical activities required of this job include, but are not limited to: climbing, crouching, grasping, hearing, kneeling, lifting, pulling, pushing, reaching, repetitive motions, standing, stooping, talking, walking.
- A portion of the incumbent's job responsibilities will require computer keyboard work that involves the continuous use of the fingers, hands, wrists, and sitting for frequent periods of time. The incumbent is required to talk, see and hear.
- Normal warehouse and office working conditions. Equipment: telephone, personal computer, calculator, etc. Some exposure to weather elements us to open shipping/receiving dock area. Temperature maintenance monitored to increase air circulation in hot conditions and overhead heating unit for cold conditions.
- Operates assigned material handling equipment
Veritiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law. Additionally, Veritiv will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Veritiv’s legal duty to furnish information. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here:http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf