Comply with all federal, state, and local regulations. (i.e. DOT, FMCSA, CSA2010, etc.)
• Operate vehicle in a safe and efficient manner at all times.
• Drives multi-axle truck or combination unit up to 80,000 lbs to transport and deliver products.
• Inspects merchandise to include checking for shortages and rejecting damaged goods.
• Performs thorough Pre/Post Trip Inspections and accurately completes written inspection reports.
• Drives to designated delivery or pick up points applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and roads in the area.
• Unloads orders at delivery site utilizing equipment on truck: pallet jack, electric pallet, and dolly and by hand.
• Prepares receipt for goods delivered, may make telephone call with supervisor and modify or receive new delivery instructions.
• Proficient use of onboard computer system.
• Complete assigned delivery route in the pre-determined route sequence.
• Courteous, cooperative, respectful, presenting a professional appearance when interacting with internal and external customers.
• Other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
Qualifications / Knowledge & Experience: Briefly describe the knowledge, skills, demonstrated behaviors and experience required for entry into the position/role
• Minimum 23 years of age with at least two years verifiable Class A driving experience
• Class A license, Hazmat Certification (if applicable) and compliant with all regulatory requirements
• Experience operating material handling equipment
• High school diploma or equivalent education required
• Proficient math skills in unit of measurement and multiplication, division, addition, subtraction
• Physical ability to perform essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
• Good communication and interpersonal skills to include ability to converse proficiently in English as required by DOT regulations
• Attentive to detail; accurate and thorough
• Ability to work independently, fast, and efficiently
• Team worker willing to do what it takes to get the job done
Working Conditions/Physical Requirement: (Describe any unusual working conditions, such as extreme temperatures, heights, hazardous materials, etc. State percentage of time spent traveling each month, if any.)
• Activities include regularly working in outside weather conditions, exposure to extremes of temperature, visibility, wet and/or humid conditions and vibrations. Noise level in work environment is usually loud. Dust, mechanical hazards, moving objects, operating vehicle, and shift work.
• Requirements are representative of those needed to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Heavy work: requires ability to lift, twist and carry up to 65 pounds, manipulate (pushing, pulling) up to 160 pounds of product, and skids weighing up to 2,000 pounds utilizing pallet jack.
• Physical activities required of this job include, but are not limited to: bending, carrying, climbing, crouching, feeling, finger movement, grasping, hearing, kneeling, lifting, pulling, pushing, rapid work speed, speaking, reaching, repetitive motions, seeing, sitting, standing, stooping, talking, twisting, walking, and walking on irregular surfaces.