Veritiv’s Sales Development Program
Veritiv, a FORTUNE 500 company, has a terrific opportunity for high-energy, motivated, entry-level sales professionals to take their skills to the next level and build a long-term career in sales. Our sales development program is a full-time accelerated program for 12 months. The program is designed to provide the tools, training and support needed to build a Sales career in packaging solutions, facility solutions, logistics and other B2B services.
What You’ll Do
- Participate in sales training and development workshops to enhance sales competencies and further expand ability to effectively generate profitable customer and segment growth.
- Sell and promote products and value-added services to meet or exceed both short term and long term goals in an established territory.
- Actively engage in sales calls on existing customers and cold calling on prospective customers at a frequency that places Veritiv in the preferred position.
- Develop a sufficient number of high potential prospects to generate long-term sales growth.
- Collaborate with sales development and sales support resources to provide customer proposals and quotations focused on generating business and market growth potential.
- Align with territory specialist(s) to expand segment and product knowledge base and collaborate on promoting consultative selling solutions to generate new and existing customer growth opportunities.
- Partner with sales team on supporting national business selling efforts and account management.
- Develop business and financial acumen to effectively implement sales strategies as directed by sales managers and consistently generate a level of profitability that meets or exceeds business and segment goals.
- Investigate and resolve all customer claims promptly and participate in issue resolution with all involved parties.
- Actively leverage sales technology and tools to meet strategic account planning objectives and maximize customer and segment growth potential.
- Actively participate in all sales meetings.
There will be cross-training in all of our services, working alongside experienced sales leaders hand-selected to be mentors. This structured program will connect you with a personal coach as you learn our business and become a dynamic player on our fast-growing team.
You’ll be immersed into our challenging, goal driven, dynamic, and opportunistic work environment, and learn all aspects of our business. You will begin in our development program, with exposure to a wide variety of industries that Veritiv touches – from technology to transportation; food processing to football venues; high-rise buildings to high-density event venues; colleges to corporate offices. Veritiv has a broad reach and a world-class reputation, and you’ll be joining a winning team as we grow into even more markets and verticals.
- Recent graduate: Bachelor’s degree required plus some sales experience preferred
- Highly motivated individuals with a competitive spirit
- Strong passion to build career in Sales
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Strong work ethic with the desire to progress and be successful
- A team player with a positive attitude
- Ability and willingness to travel around Southern California
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent relationship-building capability
- Strong customer focus
- Proven track record of delivering results in school or work environments
- Ability to instill trust
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Knowledge of related business tools (CRM, Microsoft Office, WMS, etc.)
- Ability to work independently, successfully manage accounts, work under pressure, and adapt to changes in the work environment is essential
Veritiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law. Additionally, Veritiv will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Veritiv’s legal duty to furnish information. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here:http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf