Veritiv has an expansive North American network with more than 180 locations, and we do business with
more than half of the Fortune 500. We're a big company, but we’re also a new company, shaping our
systems and processes to support a successful and sustainable future. We don't just encourage an
entrepreneurial spirit, we embody it.
Are you looking to join a company where you feel empowered in your work and your job is not just a job,
but a path toward a rewarding and successful career? Do you want to be part of a company that
customers and suppliers not only want to do business with but need to do business with?
If you answered yes, then Veritiv might be the place for you. We encourage you to learn about and apply
to Veritiv if you seek a unique work experience, where diverse ideas are met with enthusiasm, and where
you can realize your full potential.
Working in a fast-paced environment, the Learning and Development Consultant; Corporate Learning will be responsible for the corporate curriculum management and will lead processes, tools and programs for enterprise wide learning at Veritiv. In addition this role serves as a consultant to our businesses to guide them to corporate learning resources and or appropriate external resources. The Learning and Development Connsultant is the standard bearer for Veritiv learning and development and ensure that our learning opportunities reflect our vision, values and corporate learning strategies.
Ownership of Corporate Curriculum
- Manages activities involved in the design, preparation, delivery, and needs assessment of corporate training and development programs.
- Determines appropriate training methods for topics (e.g., live instructor, computer-based, video, read and sign, on-the-job, etc.)
- Develops appropriate training material or coordinating with internal/external training material developers
- Conducts Train-the-Trainer sessions and provides training support material
- Identifies training gaps in the organization and develops plans to close the gaps
- Assess and report on training programs, including course evaluations, pre/post examination, impact on business. Create reports and documentation of activities supporting learning and development
- Develops methods for evaluating training course program effectiveness.
- Works with cross functional business teams to determine training needs impacting the enterprise
- Serves as the liaison between the business training teams and Veritiv Talent Development
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers to proactively understand their offerings and seek out their best solutions that meet Veritiv current and future needs
Consultation Services for the Business
- Leads enterprise Learning Council to ensure business needs are identified, gaps are addressed and that we achieve synergies between functions.
- Educate functional leaders on how to leverage the LMS to deliver programs and administer training for their business. Guide them in the utilization of the LMS at Veritiv and the rules of governance.
- Consult with requesting departments/leaders to make recommendations for appropriate learning interventions to address business needs.
- Ensures LMS curriculum is current and of the appropriate quality. Collaborates with functional leadership on decisions to replace or remove outdated courses.
- Creates a resource guide for key partners and vendors to supply as needed tools or courseware
- Identifies appropriate sources to satisfy training needs of the organization (internal, external, develop)
- Benchmark practices in learning and development to assess competitiveness of Veritiv practices relative to market practices
- Establish collaborative relationships with key business partners and vendors to ensure desired outcomes are achieved
- Participate in other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to establish collaborative relationships with internal clients to identify needs and solutions to achieve improvements in individual, group, and business results.
- Knowledge and skills in consulting, training and development, and measurement to design, implement and evaluate impact of interventions
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and accuracy. Able to manage workload prioritization and time
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently in a fast paced, high performance environment.
- High degree of initiative, drive, and the desire to grow
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service focus with a strong desire to contribute to the organization’s positive reputation.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Webex tools
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and maturity
- Some travel required (25 - 30%)
- Bachelors degree required
- Masters Degree in Organizational Behavior or Human Resources preferred
- 5 – 7 years of experience in Human Resources, Training and Organizational Development
- Demonstrated experience in talent management disciplines such as coaching, assessments, competencies, career and performance management.
- Prior experience in training services organization is a plus.
- Project and thought leadership capability.
Veritiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law. Additionally, Veritiv will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Veritiv’s legal duty to furnish information. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here:http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf