Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop sales plans and strategies to achieve gross profit targets
- Manage the maintenance and growth of existing business in the market area
- Develop and execute strategies to penetrate existing accounts and to bring new accounts with specified market segments
- Establish clearly defined sales and gross profit objectives for each member of the sales team that are linked with regional and branch objectives
- Manage sales force expenses and work within fiscal budget
- Develop multi–level relationships with key customers
- Responsible for the regular follow-up and successful completion of Sales Representatives’ target account initiatives
- Administer the segment’s customer stratification plan to ensure customer profit
- Liaise with Veritiv suppliers as required
- Must be available to travel throughout the territory
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sales targets within a competitive environment along with an ability to develop and lead a sales force in a fast moving market
- Autonomous and proactive, with the ability to effectively interact with customers (internal and external) to identify and meet individual needs.
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a fast-paced competitive environment with excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Solid knowledge of MS-Office applications, including Excel; experience with SalesForce.com an asset.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Above average verbal, written and presentation skills
- Provide supervision, coaching, guidance and direction to sales staff.
- Proven track record of above average performance in the areas of selling skills and people management
- Thorough understanding of Veritiv target markets and the key customers within the Grocery, Healthcare (acute), lodging (hotels), Property management and Building service contractors/ Industrial Packaging and Food Processing markets.
- Ability to interact effectively with both internal and external customers, showing flexibility in meeting their individual needs
- Proven organizational, planning and leadership skills
- University degree within sales or marketing; or equivalent experience
- Strong sales management or professional sales experience, with 7-10 years experience with the Grocery, Healthcare (acute), lodging (hotels), Property management and Building service contractors/ Industrial Packaging & Food Processing sector
- Experience dealing effectively with senior executives.