Veritiv has an expansive North American network with more than 180 locations, and we do business with
more than half of the Fortune 500. We're a big company, but we’re also a new company, shaping our
systems and processes to support a successful and sustainable future. We don't just encourage an
entrepreneurial spirit, we embody it.
Are you looking to join a company where you feel empowered in your work and your job is not just a job,
but a path toward a rewarding and successful career? Do you want to be part of a company that
customers and suppliers not only want to do business with but need to do business with?
If you answered yes, then Veritiv might be the place for you. We encourage you to learn about and apply
to Veritiv if you seek a unique work experience, where diverse ideas are met with enthusiasm, and where
you can realize your full potential. Position Description
As a professional driver and warehouse employee, operate Class A vehicle in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations, Company policy for the purpose of transport and delivery of product to customers.
PLEASE NOTE: This position has variable hours and requires Class A and HAZMAT endorsements.
· Ensure that all necessary documents are valid and compliant (registration, HazMat transportation permit, insurance cards, commercial driver’s license, etc.)
· Safely operate all company owned, leased, and rented vehicles.
· Operate assigned vehicles and equipment in a safe manner, adhering to all City, State, and Federal traffic laws and motor carrier regulations, as well as, observing all Company Safety rules and safety procedures.
· Make all deliveries within the time parameters set by management, making certain that all merchandise delivered is accurate and in good condition.
· Conduct material handling equipment inspections.
· Safely operate electric and gas (propane) forklifts, as well as electric and manual pallet jacks.
· Fill orders in accordance to all information and instructions as provided on the bill of lading (pick ticket).
· Check all filled orders to ensure order filling accuracy; check-in merchandise to verify orders have been filled correctly. Notify management or dispatch, prior to leaving dock, of any shorts or other issues as they may relate to an order.
· Stock freight and replenish stock locations.
· Unload truck after all deliveries have been made, putting customer returns/credits in designated return area. Tractor and trailer must be thoroughly cleaned before the shift ends. Return all appropriate paperwork to supervisor, and advise of any problems or discrepancies. Secure truck and equipment.
· Breakdown, unwrap and sort pallets of product as needed.
· Perform housekeeping functions as directed.
· Maintain service records and schedule preventative maintenance on all equipment operated.
· Be familiar with all delivery zones in order to assist in coverage of other routes during vacations or other periods of absence.
· Pushing, pulling, and lifting of equipment and product is required.
· Proficient math skills in unit of measurement and multiplication, division, addition, subtraction
· Physical ability to perform essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
· Good communication and interpersonal skills to include ability to converse proficiently in English as required by regulations
· Attentive to details; accurate and thorough
· Ability to work independently, fast, and efficiently
· Team player
Requirements are representative of those needed to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Heavy work: requires ability to lift, twist and carry up to 65 pounds, manipulate (pushing, pulling) up to 160 pounds of product, and skids weighing up to 2,000 pounds utilizing pallet jack.
Physical activities required of this job include, but are not limited to: bending, carrying, climbing, crouching, feeling, finger movement, grasping, hearing, kneeling, lifting, pulling, pushing, rapid work speed, speaking, reaching, repetitive motions, seeing, sitting, standing, stooping, talking, twisting, walking, and walking on irregular surfaces.
Activities include regularly working in outside weather conditions, exposure to extremes of temperature, visibility, wet and/or humid conditions and vibrations.
Noise level in work environment is typically loud. Dust, mechanical hazards, moving objects, operating vehicle, and shift work.