Sales Specialist - Equipment
The Packaging Equipment Sales Specialist is responsible for direct sales of packaging equipment within an assigned geography. They assess processes, product quality, and environmental factors to develop automation solutions that increase customer productivity and improve total cost. ustomer sales calls, needs analysis, and proposal creation/presentation.
• Responsible for all packaging equipment sales within established territory.
• Lead sales responsibility for automatic equipment sales while facilitating and supporting field sellers on semi-automatic sales.
• Creates sales opportunities through networking, cold calling, and supporting field sellers in existing customers
• Provides internal training and technical sales support for equipment related products.
• Participates in team selling activities in support of national, regional, and local account initiatives.
• Supports unit sales plan through pre-sales and/or post-sales technical consulting activities. Responsible for gaining an understanding of customer’s business and determining customer’s system and product needs.
• Prepares and presents technical proposals of how Veritiv’s products can meet those needs and be integrated and implemented with the customer’s systems and equipment.
• Prepares and presents customer proposals to assure complete plan is feasible within cost, time and environment constraints.
• Works closely with field service technicians in providing customer solutions and lead generation.
• Participates in strategic account planning activities with sales managers/directors and field sales team.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Travel up to 30% required.
• Experience providing custom products and consultative sales solutions based on providing value, not just price driven.
• Ability and track record of developing and executing a sales plan to reach target accounts.
• Innovative problem solver; recognizing customer needs, providing alternatives and selling and implementing alternative solutions.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Ability to effectively manage a sales territory and the selling process.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience; Major or Specialty Area: Business or technical degree
• Experience 5+ years of experience in technical related field and/or packaging industry sales