TRACTOR TRAILER DRIVER
The tractor trailer driver is responsible for delivering product to our customers in a safe and professional manner, on time and accurately.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Driving delivery equipment within Vancouver and surrounding areas
- Loading and unloading stock in a secure manner for safe, damage-free transportation
- Verifying all orders at time of delivery and delivering orders to meet customer specifications
- Ensuring equipment and truck are in good working condition through adherence to delivery maintenance procedures
- Familiarity with the completion of delivery registers and paperwork to ensure stock is accounted for
- Must be flexible regarding work hours
- Able to work extended hours, which may be required from time to time
- Current TDG/WHMIS knowledge would be considered an asset
- Ability to use power loading equipment
- Familiar with ISO Policies and Procedures would be considered an asset
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member
- Good communication skills required (able to read, write and speak English)
- Be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Dependable and reliable
- Good decision making skills and ability to work independently
- Able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- High school graduate and/or related experience.
- Class 1 License with two years of tractor-trailer driving experience.
- Clean drivers abstract