Veritiv has an expansive North American network with more than 180 locations, and we do business with
more than half of the Fortune 500. We're a big company, but we’re also a new company, shaping our
systems and processes to support a successful and sustainable future. We don't just encourage an
entrepreneurial spirit, we embody it.
Are you looking to join a company where you feel empowered in your work and your job is not just a job,
but a path toward a rewarding and successful career? Do you want to be part of a company that
customers and suppliers not only want to do business with but need to do business with?
If you answered yes, then Veritiv might be the place for you. We encourage you to learn about and apply
to Veritiv if you seek a unique work experience, where diverse ideas are met with enthusiasm, and where
you can realize your full potential.
- Supervises and assigns specific responsibilities to warehouse personnel which may include shipping, receiving, loading and unloading trucks
- Determine space requirements for storage, delivery schedules and distribution in order to ensure that deliveries are completed in a timely manner, achieve distribution objectives and meet customer requirements
- Maintains a safe and secure work environment for all warehouse/delivery employees; monitors work performance to ensure compliance with all federal and corporate safety regulations/policies
- Prepare and analyze inventory reports, reviews effectiveness of operating procedures, makes recommendations for improvements as required
- Interacts with facility Transportation Supervisor / Business Managers / Customer Service to ensure that customer orders are filled and delivered in a timely manner
- May be required to run night shift as required
- Performs other related duties as required
- Supervises 10 to 12 Warehouse workers
- A thorough understanding of warehouse, delivery, and traffic operations within a distribution setting, as well as government regulations (e.g., DOT, OSHA, HazMat, etc.). Ability to develop proficiency with company computer system is essential
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, including but not limited to performance management (employee evaluations, discipline, corrective action, coaching), and interviewing are required
- Strong written and oral communication skills are essential
- Strong planning, organization, and customer relations skills are required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 6+ years of related experience preferably in a distribution warehouse facility
- 3+ years supervisory/management experience
- Ability to motivate and develop direct reports in a union environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office working conditions with frequent exposure to noise, damage to clothing, and minor accident hazards; frequently used equipment includes personal computer, terminal, telephone, fax, copier, material handling machinery, and RF bar-code equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A significant portion of the incumbent's job responsibilities will require PC work that involves the continuous use of the fingers, hands, wrists, and sitting for frequent periods of time. The incumbent is required to talk, see and hear. The incumbent must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Veritiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law. Additionally, Veritiv will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Veritiv’s legal duty to furnish information. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here:http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf