The driver is responsible for delivering product to our customers in a safe and professional manner, on time and accurately.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Driving delivery equipment within the greater Toronto area and surrounding areas
- Loading and unloading stock in a secure manner for safe, damage-free transportation
- Verifying all orders at time of delivery and delivering orders to meet customer specifications
- Ensuring equipment and truck are in good working condition through adherence to delivery maintenance procedures
- Familiarity with the completion of delivery registers and paperwork to ensure stock is accounted for
- Must be flexible regarding work hours
- Able to work extended hours, which may be required from time to time
- Current TDG/WHMIS knowledge would be considered an asset
- Ability to use power loading equipment
- Familiar with ISO Policies and Procedures would be considered an asset
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member
- Good communication skills required (able to read, write and speak English)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Dependable and reliable
- Good decision making skills and ability to work independently
- Able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- High school graduate and/or related experience.
- Valid Class 3 license with air brakes.
- Clean Drivers Abstract
Veritiv Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring an equitable and accessible workplace. Please notify us through your job application of accommodation requirements needed throughout the recruitment process and our Talent Acquisition Team will follow up with you directly.