Veritiv Corporation is searching for an entrepreneurial sales professional with experience as a hunter of new business and one who wants the opportunity to build a substantial income in their own territory. The Field Sales Representative position will lead and manage sales and marketing for the Packaging segment within the geographic territory. They will strengthen market presence in their assigned territory by finding opportunities to provide some of the most comprehensive packaging products design and converting services available. The Field Sales Representative is responsible for attaining maximum distribution and sales of Packaging segment products while maintaining an enriching profitability according to assigned objectives. This position is accountable for meeting the sales and GP goals as determined by the Company.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Plans how to establish and maintain major account relationships and meet personal sales targets, determined by Veritiv management, within the full line of products or combination of products
• Maintain accurate, detailed and comprehensive knowledge of the potential of each account in territory, as well as, prepare and conduct regular business reviews to impact customer growth opportunities.
• Coordinates use of other company resources (e.g. technical, advertising) to provide value added services to accounts
• Develops strong client relationships over time that provide significant input to planning company product, price, and service strategies
• Solicits new business opportunities within territory. Prepares quotes, estimates, and maintains Customer Quote Book
• Sell and promote packaging products and value-added services to meet or exceed both short term and long term goals in an established territory.
• Actively engage in sales calls on existing customers and cold calling on prospective customers at a frequency that places Veritiv in the preferred position.
• Develop a sufficient number of high potential prospects to generate long-term sales growth.
• Collaborate with sales development and sales support resources to provide customer proposals and quotations focused on generating business and market growth potential.
• Align with territory packaging sales specialist(s) to expand segment and product knowledge base and collaborate on promoting consultative selling solutions to generate new and existing customer growth opportunities.
• Partner with sales team on supporting national business selling efforts and account management.
• Develop business and financial acumen to effectively implement packaging sales strategies as directed by sales managers and consistently generate a level of profitability that meets or exceeds business and segment goals.
• Investigate and resolve all customer claims promptly and participate in issue resolution with all involved parties.
• Actively leverage sales technology and tools to meet strategic account planning objectives and maximize customer and segment growth potential.
• Participate in sales training and development programs to enhance sales competencies and further expand ability to effectively generate profitable customer and segment growth.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Ability and track record of developing and executing a sales plan to reach target accounts
• Innovative problem solver; recognizing customer needs, providing alternatives and selling and implementing alternative solutions
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to effectively manage a sales territory and the selling process
• Ability to work independently, successfully manage accounts, work under pressure, and adapt to changes in the work environment is essential.
• BS/BA degree in Business Administration or other discipline required or equivalent experience
• Successful track record of growing a territory and sales
• Experience providing custom products and consultative sales solutions based on providing value, not just price driven - Desired
• Strong understanding or experience within the distribution industry desired.