The Packaging Equipment Sales Specialist will be responsible for telesales nationwide of packaging equipment. Focus will be on growing equipment sales with our core suppliers. Leads will come from Salesforce.com, sales reps, technical service department, and marketing campaigns. They will assess processes, product quality, and environmental factors to develop automation solutions that increase customer productivity and improve total cost.
• Responsible for telesales of automatic and semi-automatic packaging equipment sales nationwide.
• Creates sales opportunities through networking, cold calling, and supporting field sellers in existing customers
• Provides internal training and technical sales support for equipment related products.
• Participates in team selling activities in support of national, regional, and local account initiatives.
• Supports unit sales plan through pre-sales and/or post-sales technical consulting activities. Responsible for gaining an understanding of customer’s business and determining customer’s system and product needs.
• Prepares and presents technical proposals of how Veritiv’s products can meet those needs and be integrated and implemented with the customer’s systems and equipment.
• Prepares and presents customer proposals to assure complete plan is feasible within cost, time and environment constraints.
• Works closely with field service technicians in providing customer solutions and lead generation.
• Participates in strategic account planning activities with sales managers/directors and field sales team.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Some travel required.
• Experience providing custom products and consultative sales solutions based on providing value, not just price driven, via telesales.
• Ability and track record of developing and executing a sales plan to reach target accounts.
• Innovative problem solver; recognizing customer needs, providing alternatives and selling and implementing alternative solutions.
• Strong verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to effectively manage a sales territory and the selling process.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience; Major or Specialty Area: Business or technical degree
• Experience 5+ years of telesales experience in technical related field and/or packaging industry sales