Shift start time 3pm
Assist the facility in exceeding their financial and strategic goals by playing an active role as a key member of the leadership team. Provide supervision, direction and leadership for the facility to raise the standard of performance in meeting the goals of our internal and external customers. Plan, direct and monitor operation of the warehouse and delivery system within the facility (including shipping, receiving, inventory control, and logistics) to ensure a competitive service advantage by maintaining a high degree of accuracy and customer service at a minimal cost.
• Plans and coordinates work activities of warehouse functions, including receiving, picking, shipping, delivery, inventory control and security.
• Develops and implements specific objectives and performance measures for each functional area and individual to improve performance.
• Interprets, understands and acts on individual and collective performance and quality data.
• Leads selection and hiring of new warehouse and delivery employees; evaluates employee performance; develops and implements action plans for improving employee performance.
• Ensures that all warehouse employees receive proper training and skills development.
• Maintains and manages a fair and equitable employee scorecard system for all warehouse and logistics personnel.
• Ensures regular and productive meetings to improve warehouse performance.
• Makes recommendations for and implements improvements in efficiency and effectiveness of warehouse operations.
• Oversees the preparation and loading of trucks for shipments and delivery of orders in conformance with company procedures and customer instructions.
• Maintains and controls the physical condition of the warehouse, equipment, supplies, security, facilities, grounds, etc.
• Manages and controls warehouse expenses and capital.
• Ensures compliance with company and government policies and regulations (e.g., Safety, OSHA, HazMat, DOT).
• Oversees physical inventory in the warehouse.
• Provides backup support to other facility supervisors/manager. This may necessitate schedule and shift adjustments as needed.
• Participates in group and regional distribution projects.
• Implements company policies and procedures according to company guidelines for assigned areas of responsibility.
• Is knowledgeable of safe work practices, policies and procedures and performs all duties in a safe manner. Supports division safety committee with the objective of an accident free workplace. Ensures regular safety meetings are conducted; completes and reviews safety incident reports as necessary; recommends changes to assist in maintaining a safe working environment.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelors Degree manditory
• A thorough understanding of warehouse, delivery and traffic operations within a distribution setting, as well as government regulations (e.g., DOT, OSHA, HazMat, etc.).
• 3+ years of successful supervisory/management experience are required. Ability to motivate and develop direct reports, as well as size up new talent.
• PC proficient in Windows based software programs. Ability to develop proficiency with company computer system is essential.
• Excellent leadership, and interpersonal skills, including but not limited to, performance management (employee evaluations, discipline, corrective action, coaching) and interviewing are required.
• Ability to motivate the team, manage multiple projects, work under pressure, and adapt to sudden changes in the work environment.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
• Strong planning, organization and customer relations skills are required.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirement:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A portion of the incumbent's job responsibilities will require PC work that involves the continuous use of the fingers, hands, wrists, and sitting for frequent periods of time. The incumbent is required to talk, see and hear. The incumbent must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.