Veritiv has an expansive North American network with more than 180 locations, and we do business with
more than half of the Fortune 500. We're a big company, but we’re also a new company, shaping our
systems and processes to support a successful and sustainable future. We don't just encourage an
entrepreneurial spirit, we embody it.
Are you looking to join a company where you feel empowered in your work and your job is not just a job,
but a path toward a rewarding and successful career? Do you want to be part of a company that
customers and suppliers not only want to do business with but need to do business with?
If you answered yes, then Veritiv might be the place for you. We encourage you to learn about and apply
to Veritiv if you seek a unique work experience, where diverse ideas are met with enthusiasm, and where
you can realize your full potential. Position Description
Job Summary and Scope:
Applies best practice and leading-edge audit techniques to planning and implementation activities over IT related assurance projects as assigned by Director, Internal Audit (Information Systems). Responsible for executing audits of information systems and related processes in a complex multi-platform IT environment. Identifies IT risks across all divisions and business functions. Recommends practical, appropriate, and cost effective methods to reduce identified risk exposures and increase the strength of the overall control environment. Delivers high quality reports and presentations to management to raise the level of control awareness throughout Veritiv. This position requires knowledge of auditing principles, auditing standards, IIA standards, PCAOB, and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements. In particular, this individual will be responsible for providing internal audit services and support in the following areas:
Information technology and information security
System implementations, notably financial systems
Continuous Controls Monitoring and Continuous Auditing
Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) ITGCs
Auditing of Application controls across multiple IT systems
Managing and tracking audit findings and their remediation efforts
Plan and execute multiple concurrent IT audits and IT assurance projects, including reviews of existing production applications, systems currently being developed, and specialized technological components and, in doing so, manage the audit timelines. The scope of each audit may include (but not limited) to the following:
1) Reviewing complex computer applications and hardware platforms to ensure efficient and sound control practices are in place to properly control the area being reviewed
Reviewing and appraising the soundness, adequacy, and application of information systems, accounting, financial, and other operating controls and promoting effective control at reasonable cost
Ascertaining the extent of compliance with established policies, plans, and procedures
Ascertaining the extent to which company assets are accounted for and safeguarded from losses of all kinds including the investigation of all instances of Corporate embezzlement and fraud
Appraising the quality of performance of operating personnel in carrying out their assigned responsibilities
Making recommendations on methods to improve controls and effectiveness.
2) Review, analyze and test internal control systems to ensure compliance with SOX legislation.
3) Provide advice and guidance to management personnel related to the development of new or modified c trolls.
4) Serve as representative of Internal Audit team on corporate projects and provide input on internal controls consistent with industry best practice.
5 ) Interface with external auditors to facilitate the delivery and analysis of audit information and results.
6) Work with the IT department personnel to recommend and prioritize new process to establish best practice benchmarks.
7) Develop overall assessments around system-related risks and controls (both business and technical) and provide advice to management regarding mitigation of these risks.
8) Assessment, management and execution of select projects related to business-area or IT audit remediation.
9) Prepare high quality audit work papers and other supporting data covering audit findings; evaluate findings and formulates sound, logical conclusions on basis of available facts. Ensure audit work performed conforms to the Information Systems Audit and Control Association and Institute of Internal Auditors standards.
10) Continuously keep Director, Internal Audit (Information Systems) informed of progress, problems, and findings as it relates to their areas of responsibilities and ongoing projects.
Understanding of the COBIT Internal Control Framework.
Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
Strong computer application skills, including Microsoft Office products.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Must be self-motivated and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
Must have excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
Bachelors Degree in Information Systems or other IT related field
3 - 6 years experience in one of the following types of business environments:
Big 4 Public Accounting – Information Systems Auditing/Assurance
Fortune 500 Public Company Internal Audit Department – IT Auditor
Proficiency in auditing multiple ERP’s and Information System platforms such as Oracle Financials, IBM mainframes, Unix, AS/400, etc
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Estimated travel of 10% to 20% to key organizational locations.