Job Summary and Scope:
Responsible for acquiring, managing and growing substantial national account Sales, AGM and profit in Canada. Constructively negotiating with senior management and customers to establish and maintain favorable contract terms and conditions; developing internal processes and controls to ensure service requirements are met; monitoring and adapting relationships with customers to profitably grow Veritiv’s share of the customer’s business The successful candidate will also work very closely with key vendors to deliver programs that are beneficial to Veritiv, the supplier and the customer.
- Actively pursue, grow and open new national accounts with Canadian headquarters.
- Negotiating competitive contract terms and conditions available.
- Evaluate, analyze and implement profitable engagements or profit improvement plans
- Performs other related duties as needed
- Meet Sales, profit and account profitability targets as established with Canadian Print Solutions Management.
- Increase customer profitability and retention through increased account penetration or customer beneficial delivery efficiency (increasing GTM per delivery).
- Build and maintain in Salesforce.com (or other management tool) a new sales opportunity pipeline (details in Pipeline Review Process). Including a monthly pipeline review with Sales Manager.
- Work closely with key print solution vendors to meet customer requirements.
- Develop and execute a call plan, build account sales strategies, perform customer business reviews. Work with internal teams to achieve pricing & cost maximization.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date pricing files and customer profiles (updated in Salesforce.com or other CRM system)
- Execute Veritiv’s Sales process, maintain and develop selling skills and product/market knowledge.
- Support and execute Veritiv directed sales, marketing and operational initiatives. As communicated by management.
- Provide input on best practices, continuous improvement, policy and process with respect to the sales department.
- Work with Veritiv departments to help resolve issues regarding customer specific inventory, credit or customer service.
Qualifications / Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, required
- 5-10 years with track record of successful national account or major account sales in Canada
- Experience in selling at all levels of major accounts, from shop floor to C-Suite. Experience with account development and account management to deliver profitable sales growth
- Previous experience inbusiness-to-business sales environment
- Experience selling into a web or forms printing environment would be an asset.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirement:
- After hours and weekend work and travel required
- Ability to travel a minimum of 20% within Canada with occasional visits to the US
Veritiv Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring an equitable and accessible workplace. Please notify us through your job application of accommodation requirements needed throughout the recruitment process and our Talent Acquisition Team will follow up with you directly.