WORK SCHEDULE: Sunday to Thursday: 2pm to 10:30 pm
Distribution Centre on-site operations leader responsible for all aspects of the warehouse handling (order picking) for the GTA operation.
The Distribution Manager will have warehouse handling management responsibilities), including direct line reporting relationships for three (3) supervisors. This role is responsible for functions covering Warehousing handling, Distribution,quality control Health & Safety Regulations. This role will include involvement in talent attraction/selection, employee performance management and engagement. This role will work very closely with the Distribution Manager for Inbound and delivery.
- Ensure Veritiv Values are adhered by all employees and create a culture of collaboration;
- Proactively identifies and implements improvements in efficiency and effectiveness of operations;
- Communicate, model and, enforce standards for quality and production; monitor daily quality and production reports to ensure compliance by team members;
- Drives the delivery and routing opportunities within the GTA/London Centres;
- Maintains and controls the physical condition of the warehouse and supplies, security, facilities, grounds, etc.
- Ensures compliance with company and government policies and regulations (e.g., Safety, MOT);
- Leads selection and hiring of key talent; evaluates employee performance; develops and implements action plans for improving employee performance;
- Ensures that all warehouse employees receive proper training and skills development;
- Knowledgeable in safe work practices, policies and procedures and performs all duties in a safe manner;
- Supports safety committee with the objective of an accident free work place. Ensures regular safety meetings are conducted; completes and reviews safety incident reports as necessary, recommends changes to assist in maintaining a safe working environment;
- Responsible for establishing, developing and maintaining a positive and balanced employee relations atmosphere in the company;
- Ensure inventory accuracy by executing to the established inventory cycle count program;
- Mentor/develop subordinates to maximize their potential and contributions to the business;
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and facilitation skills;
- Participates in Company and Regional distribution projects;
- Ensuring employees are equipped with appropriate tools to perform their jobs effectively (forklifts, material handling equipment, etc.);
- Collaborate with all internal departments to ensure client expectations are met;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Knowledge & Experience
- 7+ years combined supervisory/management experience in operations, warehousing, transportation;
- Post secondary graduate with an emphasis on logistics management or other related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- P.Log certification considered an asset;
- A thorough understanding of warehouse, delivery and traffic operations within a distribution setting, as well as, government regulations (e.g., MOT, MOL, OHSA, WSIB, etc.);
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership techniques and coordination of people and resources;
- Experience managing and optimizing a multiple shift workforce;
- Experience with warehouse management systems, WMS preferred;
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, including but not limited to performance management (employee evaluations, discipline, corrective action, coaching) and interviewing are required;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential;
- Strong planning, organization and customer relations skills are required;
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and facilitation skills;
- Attentive to details, accurate and thorough;
- Ability to work independently, fast, and efficiently;
- Team player with ability to lead, develop, and motivate employees;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Occasional travel required to locations within Canada and US.
Veritiv Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring an equitable and accessible workplace. Please notify us through your job application of accommodation requirements needed throughout the recruitment process and our Talent Acquisition Team will follow up with you directly.