Position: CDL Qualified Class A Driver
As a professional driver operate Veritiv Class A vehicle in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations, Company policy for the purpose of transport and delivery of product to customers.
• Comply with all federal, state, and local regulations. (i.e. DOT, FMCSA, CSA2010, etc.)
• Operate vehicle in a safe and efficient manner at all times.
• Drives multi-axle truck or combination unit up to 80,000 lbs to transport and deliver products.
• Inspects merchandise to include checking for shortages and rejecting damaged goods.
• Performs thorough Pre/Post Trip Inspections and accurately completes written inspection reports.
• Drives to designated delivery or pick up points applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and roads in the area.
• Unloads orders at delivery site utilizing equipment on truck: pallet jack, electric pallet, and dolly and by hand.
• Prepares receipt for goods delivered, may make telephone call with supervisor and modify or receive new delivery instructions.
• Proficient use of onboard computer system.
• Complete assigned delivery route in the pre-determined route sequence.
• Courteous, cooperative, respectful, presenting a professional appearance when interacting with internal and external customers.
• Other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
• Proficient math skills in unit of measurement and multiplication, division, addition, subtraction
• Physical ability to perform essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
• Good communication and interpersonal skills to include ability to converse proficiently in English as required by DOT regulations
• Attentive to detail; accurate and thorough
• Ability to work independently, fast, and efficiently
• Team worker willing to do what it takes to get the job done
Activities include regularly working in outside weather conditions, exposure to extremes of temperature, visibility, wet and/or humid conditions and vibrations. Noise level in work environment is usually loud. Dust, mechanical hazards, moving objects, operating vehicle, and shift work.
Requirements are representative of those needed to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Heavy work: requires ability to lift, twist and carry up to 65 pounds, manipulate (pushing, pulling) up to 160 pounds of product, and skids weighing up to 2,000 pounds utilizing pallet jack.
Physical activities required of this job include, but are not limited to: bending, carrying, climbing, crouching, feeling, finger movement, grasping, hearing, kneeling, lifting, pulling, pushing, rapid work speed, speaking, reaching, repetitive motions, seeing, sitting, standing, stooping, talking, twisting, walking, and walking on irregular surfaces.
• Minimum 23 years of age with at least two years verifiable Class A driving experience
• Class A license, Hazmat Certification (if applicable) and compliant with all regulatory requirements
• Experience operating material handling equipment
• High school diploma or equivalent education and related experience